Sunday, November 12, 2006

Finally Ready to Let go of the Bad Boys

Something funny has happened to me since passing through the rather odd portal into my seeming adulthood . . .I am all the sudden mostly immune to scoundrels. I say mostly because if the right scoundrel came along I still might get weak at the knees and find myself hopelessly attracted.

Since moving to Vegas I have done very little dating. Very little especially for me who usually always has something, the beginning of something, or the remains of something going on relationship wise. I decided not that long after arriving here I was going to go through something like relationship detox. . .cold turkey and spend a little time simply figuring out what it was that I wanted.

My last major relationship played out a lot like the relationship in the movie Shopgirl where a much older man swept me off my feet and spoiled me rotten only to leave me feeling as if there were certain lines I couldn't cross, certain things I couldn't say and something I could never be for him. So in the end I made my choice and I walked away. Only to fall immediately into lust. . .with a scoundrel that promised much and delivered little and then just vanished. Then for a while I became the scoundrel. . . never quite all there and never quite sure why. . .I just couldn't be. . .it just wasn't right and never could be.

So for a little while I have sat in solitude reading books, watching movies, buying my own flowers and just thinking. . .Thinking about what I really wanted. I have come to realize scoundrels might be fun and may know all the right things to do but they will never be the guy that holds you hand when you're scared and picks you up off the floor when you can't do that for yourself. So I think my time for scoundrel men has passed. It is time to date nice guys. Men that basically fit the mold of my older sister's husband . . .they may not make other women swoon with envy but they will be there to hold your hand when you need it.

I will post more about said mystery "nice" guy, as far as I can tell in my next post.

2 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger Weeble said...

Yay for nice guys! They are out there. And they are the ones that will be there for the long haul. Nice, exciting and fun don't have to be mutually exclusive.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Katinka said...

I second that! :)

It's encouraging to read your post, as well as Weeble's reminder...that nice guys do exist and they can be fun (if not more so because you're not always wondering if you dare relax and trust them!)

Anyway, I'm smiling at your hint about the "mystery" guy...awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home