Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"Anything Less than Extraordinary is a Waste of My Time"

So I have finally simplified my dating life after months of chaos. . .I am again matchless. No, they didn't all just give up. . .I did. I just really realized that there was no point in continuing to see anybody when nobody seemed to really be the sort of person I wanted to spend a lot of time with. Some of them are very nice guys and are really great for some reasons but I just can't see wasting any more of my time on anyone who I am less than enthusiastic about. So I am going cold turkey on men until I meet some one who makes me wake up in the morning excited to see/talk/think about them.

I guess it all boils down to the above line from my favorite bad movie "Dream for an Insomniac" where the main character often says that "Anything less than extraordinary is a waste of my time." The more thought I give to this statement the truer it seems to be. In our busy world why run waste your precious few free moments on something or someone that doesn't make you happy? I know perhaps this is a bit extreme. . .but for now at least it is how I feel. I am not saying I won't still be open to the possibility of new relationships or new love . . .but for now I am sitting this one out and doing my own thing for a while.

1 Comments:

At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a great quote. Never seen the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home