Monday, March 26, 2007



Recovering from Roma

So I have finally returned home a few days later than scheduled thanks to US Airways and much, much more tired than I could have imagined. After almost a week, I feel like I am nursing a case of permanent jet lag.

Rome can be best summed up as a beautiful mess. It is over crowded, graffiti covered, noisy, dirty, and chaotic but it is unexpected, beautiful, awe inspiring, and unbelievably welcoming. The people although completely over whelmed with crowds and rude tourists for the most part are kind and gracious. They want to help and they want you to love their city as much as they do. They want you to enjoy the food and the wine. They want you to see and understand the rich culture and heritage.
But nothing runs on time. . .I got pick pocketed (nothing serious just a few items that didn't mean anything), and a very serious case of blistered feet. All and all I am happy I went. . .and I wish I had more time and energy to take it all in. I am both happy to be home and wishing it all wasn't so far away and so different from where I live.


Above is a collage of just a few of the hundreds of pictures took.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home