Friday, January 20, 2006

I Keep Trying to Tell Myself it is all a Matter of Attitude

So this week despite being feverishly busy trying to catch up on the mountain of work which greeted me after a week of personal distractions, trials and tribulations, I am still very sad. I guess I should be more patient with myself and allow myself time to get over the last couple of weeks but somehow being patient with my own emotions just isn't the mood I am in. I want to get over it now! I want to quit feeling like I am carrying a weight around with me which constantly slows me down and reminds me of its presence.

I just need a really good distraction. Unfortunately, the work as of late despite being exceptionally times consuming is not exactly thought consuming so it leads to a lot of thinking about the situation I find myself in. 1) Despite getting ready to graduate with my PhD I have no really promising job prospects (or at least none I find promising). So basically I am in a career cul de sac. 2) I am 28 years old, single and feeling more alone than I ever have before. I think this is mostly the product of the last couple of weeks and the realization that it is times like these I actually do NEED someone. This is a new theory for me I have always wanted to have someone around but the feeling that I need another half is all new. 3)My life in general is not going so swimmingly lately and perhaps it is time for some sort of radical change. The problem here is I am not sure what sort of radical change would shift the circumstances I find myself in.

I think these feelings have been coming for a while. . .and now I just have to figure out what the next step is for me. Maybe this is the push I have been needing to take more risks both personally and professionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home